Located in the heart of the Wye Valley, Forest View is a family-owned and run guest house offering En-suite accommodation with a warm and friendly atmosphere. Its setting on the banks of the River Wye is nothing short of superb.
Forest View offers a high standard of accommodation, which is ideal for those seeking either quiet seclusion or a base for outdoor activities such as walking, cycling, climbing and canoeing. It caters for all types of visitor, from those wishing a short break to those who wish to stay longer to explore this beautiful part of the country.
All of our rooms have private facilities, full central heating, tea / coffee making facilities & tv. Most rooms offer panoramic river views and many have King or Super King size beds. Presently all of our rooms are available on a room only basis with breakfast available daily at The Royal Lodge, just next door.
The south-facing view enjoyed by the front facing bedrooms is of the famous Three Counties View: Gloucestershire, Herefordshire and Monmouthshire.
Forest View Guesthouse lies on the site of the old railway line that ran from Monmouth to Ross, with the rail tunnel set in the foliage next to the property. We are within driving distance of Clearwell Caves, Perrygrove Tree House Trains & Treasure and Little Dean Jail. Also nearby is the famous Puzzle Wood where JRR Tolkein, a frequent visitor, was inspired to create the fabled forest of Middle Earth contained within The Hobbit & The Lord Of The Rings. Scenes for the TV programmes Merlin, Arthur and Dr Who were filmed in the surrounding area
Forest View Guest House, Symonds Yat, Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire
- Accommodation on the banks of the River Wye
- Total of ten bedrooms, all with en-suite bath or shower room
- Free Wi-Fi available in public rooms
- Conveniently located for Cheltenham, Chepstow, Gloucester, Hereford, Monmouth and Ross-on-Wye.
- Excellent road links to Cardiff and South Wales
- Private parking
- Pubs and restaurants within easy walking distance
- Regretfully we do not accommodate children or pets
- PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE SET IN A RURAL AREA IN THE SHADOW OF THE YAT ROCK AND WE CANNOT GUARANTEE MOBILE RECEPTION