Located in the heart of the Wye Valley, Forest View is a family-owned and run guest house offering bed and breakfast accommodation with a warm and friendly atmosphere. Its setting in one acre of beautiful gardens on the banks of the River Wye is nothing short of superb.
Forest View offers a high standard of accommodation, which is ideal for those seeking either quiet seclusion or a base for outdoor activities such as walking, cycling, climbing and canoeing. It caters for all types of visitor, from those wishing a short break to those who wish to stay longer to properly explore this beautiful part of the country.
All of the rooms have, private facilities, full central heating, tea / coffee making facilities, colour television/dvd player. Most rooms offer panoramic river views and many have King or Super King size beds - Room 4 has a French-Style four poster bed. Our dining menu has been upgraded to include evening meals for our residents (maximum 10 covers by prior arrangement). We ask that these are booked by 5pm on the day required, to allow time for preparation. We also have our own licensed residents' bar.
The south-facing view enjoyed by the front facing bedrooms is of the famous Three Counties View: Gloucestershire, Herefordshire and Monmouthshire.
Forest View Guesthouse lies on the site of the old railway line that ran from Monmouth to Ross, with the rail tunnel set in the foliage next to the property. We are within driving distance of Clearwell Caves, Perrygrove Tree House Trains & Treasure and Little Dean Jail. Also nearby is the famous Puzzle Wood where JRR Tolkein, a frequent visitor, was inspired to create the fabled forest of Middle Earth contained within The Hobbit & The Lord Of The Rings. Scenes for the TV programmes Merlin, Arthur and Dr Who were filmed in the surrounding area
EVENING MEALS ARE AVAILABLE IF PRE-BOOKED
BY 1700. MENU CAN BE FOUND ON INFORMATION LINK
THEN GO TO THE FOOD LINK.
LIMITED NUMBER OF TABLES AVAILABLE
Special rates for car clubs ,bike clubs and other officiations, also generous discounts for mini bus parties max booking 20 guests please call us to arrange discounts and details
Forest View Guest House, Symonds Yat, Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire
- Bed and breakfast accommodation on the banks of the River Wye.
- Total of ten bedrooms, all with en-suite bath or shower room.
- Licensed residents' bar.
- Free Wi-Fi available in public rooms.
- Beautiful gardens with lawns, shrubs and ornamental fishponds.
- Conveniently located for Cheltenham, Chepstow, Gloucester, Hereford, Monmouth and Ross-on-Wye.
- Excellent road links to Cardiff and South Wales.
- Private parking.
- Pubs and restaurants within easy walking distance
- regretfully we do not accomadate children or pets
- PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE SET IN A RURAL AREA IN THE SHADOW OF THE YAT ROCK AND WE CANNOT GUARANTEE MOBILE RECEPTION
spooky going on's in symonds yat..
- FOR NEWS OFF THE NEW YEARS EVE SPECIAL.
PLEASE LOOK AT THE NEWS AND OFFERS LINK
THIS NEW YEAR STAY 3 NIGHTS FOR THE PRICE OF 2 ALSO ENJOY A SUMPUIOUS BUFFET ON NEW YEARS EVE DEPOSITS TAKEN NOW FULL PAYMENT TO BE MADE BY 19TH DEC 2016 COME AND ENJOY NEW YEARS EVE WITH US